Storms have been raging through out the world. They come quickly and destroy everything in its path within seconds. The world is witnessing record breaking flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, sinkholes, etc. And they are increasing in numbers and in strength leaving people without homes and food. Is the world paying attention? Job 37 makes it clear God controls the weather. This chapter not only tells us God controls all weather but tells us His purpose.
Job 37:13 KJV He causeth it to come, whether for correction, or for his land, or for mercy.
In Job 37, God has 3 purposes for weather.
- As in He flooded the earth because the thoughts of mankind were continually evil. They thought nothing of sin. They did not believe in sin. No, He will not destroy the earth through flooding again but He will use it to get our attention
- For His land
- Psalm 24 The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. God sends rain to nourish the land to produce fruit.
- God sends rain to show mercy
- That is the earth would be baked by the sun and completely dry up without God having mercy on the earth.
Question: “Why does God allow natural disasters, i.e. earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis?” Answer: Why does God allow earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, cyclones, mudslides, wildfires, and other natural disasters? Tragedies cause many people to question God goodness. It is distressing that natural disasters are often termed acts of God while no credit is given to God for years, decades, or even centuries of peaceful weather. God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornadoes are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earth plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake….. by GotQuestions.com
Question: “Does Satan have the power to control the weather?” Answer: The increasing number of natural disasters and terrible storms have many people wondering, who controls the weather, God or Satan? Some point to the descriptions of Satan as the prince of the power of the air in Ephesians 2:2 and the god of this world in 2 Corinthians 4:4 as evidence for Satan having control over weather. An examination of Scripture reveals that whatever influence Satan and his demon angels have over the weather is restricted by God’s ultimate sovereignty. The Devil, our “adversary,” must be taken seriously; we should acknowledge his existence and his limited power over the secular world. At the same time, Satan, a defeated fallen angel, is super-human but not divine, having only the power that God ultimately allows (2 Thessalonians 2:6-11)…. by GotQuestions.com
Weather is just one of the judgments God brings to get our attention for the hope of repenting and turning from our wicked ways (read Got Questions teaching above). What wicked ways are we speaking about?
- “Storm chaser proposes to his boyfriend as Kansas tornado looms“, how interesting that they connect the tornado as part of a natural event and not as God judging our nation. Do you know what this tornado did that day in Kansas? On May 29, 2019, the Large and dangerous tornado touches down in Kansas City outskirts, CBS news says that “Tuesday made it a record 12 straight days that at least eight tornadoes were reported to the National Weather Service” before that it was quiet for several years and then suddenly an explosion of tornadoes began hitting Kansas.
- “New York Dismember The Late-Term Babies But Do Not Declaw The Cat“, this is clearly not acceptable to the Lord. These people care more about their cats than innocent babies being murdered in the womb.
- “Boy Scouts admit letting sex predators return to scouting, misleading Congress“, does this one scream the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. God is not going to allow sin to go without any punishment.
- Many nations are turning against Israel. “Hamas official claims ˜slaughter of Zionists is near™”, who is supporting Hamas, well one country is Iran. What is happening in Iran “Flash floods submerge 90% of Iran: Could the devastation have been avoided?“
Israel was punished every time she turned from God and disobeyed God by worshipping another god and Israel ran this mountain over and over. This pattern is not true of Israel only, it is the pattern of people and nations. Right now in America we have a leader who is Jewish friendly as well as Christian friendly, but this is rare in the world. Most nations are becoming anti-semitic and persecuting Christians (currently in parts of Africa they are massacring Christians, in china they are destroying churches and arresting believers and in the E.U. the Muslims are taking over). America as a whole has stopped worshipping the God of the bible and is beating the drums of completely turning against all moral values. We are a secular nation! This is why good has become evil and evil has become good which is also an end time sign.
Isaiah 5:20 KJV 20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
As a believer I see the birth pains increasing in intensity and frequency. I see Americans embracing what is going to destroy them and this country in the end. Our focus is not on who has what right, that is social justice, our focus is on living holy before God, looking for the return of Christ, and spreading the true gospel of God to the lost. Jesus was here during the time Rome was in control. He did not stop social injustice. He had one focus, the will of His Father in heaven which was to die for the sins of the world and through His shed blood make a way to His Father because there is no other way (John 14:6). The news is nothing more than indicators of how sinful and how far the world as a whole is moving away from God. It is to show us that the time of judgment is coming on the whole earth and everyone will be judged. I ask you, are you ready to meet the God of Job 37?