John 14 KJV 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 16:12 KJV I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. When we receive salvation through faith in Jesus Christ we are sealed and receive the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit
- Guides into all truth
- Will not speak on His own but will only tell what He hears
- Gives glory to Christ Jesus
1. Do not quench the SpiritHOW – We give the Holy Spirit every place to burn brightly in our life
2. Test all things and then hold onto what was proven goodHOW – Test all things against the word of God which will prove what is God’s goodness We make assumptions and choices off of lies we think are truth. The Holy Spirit will reveal our lies along with revealing truth for the purpose of glorifying Christ. We participate with the fire of the Holy Spirit by not yielding to doubt and having the courage to face our lies and the willingness to exchange them for the revealed truth of God regardless of personal cost.
3. Stay away from every kind of evilHOW – Our surrender and obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide us away from all evil. Guiding us
Galatians 5:22 KJV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.In being lead away from evil the fruit of the Holy Spirit will begin to be produced in our life. If you want to know your spiritual maturity level examine yourself against the Holy Spirit.
Fruit – 2590 -Karpos – properly, fruit, (figuratively) everything done in true partnership with Christ, i.e. a believer (a branch) lives in union with Christ (the vine). By definition, fruit (2590/Karpos) results from two life-streams – the Lord living His life through ours – to yield what is eternal (cf 1 Jn 4:17). (HELPS Word-studies)The fruit of the Holy Spirit is the character of Christ, is the only eternal fruit, and when lived out in our life is the true showing we live in Christ and He lives in us.
Colossians 3:14 KJV And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.God is love, Jesus Christ gives us His peace, and thanksgiving is our praise to God for His goodness. I don’t know about you but just doing this study, my desire to grow closer to Someone Who loves me to this length is stronger than ever.