Where Does Encouragement Come From
Luke 22:37 KJV For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.
In this chapter Jesus is preparing to fulfill prophecy about Himself. He is going to endure the wrath of God to pay for the sins of mankind on the cross.
1. Judas leaves the Passover meal to betray Jesus (Luke 22:1-6, Matthew 26:15, Zechariah 11:13)
Question: "What is the significance of thirty pieces of silver?" Answer: In Hebrew culture, thirty pieces of silver was not a lot of money. In fact, it was the exact price paid to the master of a slave if and when his slave was gored by an ox (Exodus 21:32). The slave’s death was compensated by the thirty pieces of silver. There are two other places in the Bible that specifically mention the amount of thirty pieces of silver, and they are directly linked. The first passage is in Zechariah, which contains a prophecy that is later fulfilled in the book of Matthew. by GotQuestions.org
2. Jesus administers the last Passover meal that is under the old covenant telling them from now on the Passover meal will be under a new covenant. This new covenant will require His body being broken and His blood pored out (Luke 22:14-20, Exodus 12:13).
3. Scripture must be fulfilled in Jesus which proves He is the Messiah. (Luke 22:37, Psalm 22:16, Isaiah 53:12).
Jesus fulfilled many Old Testament prophecies. In Luke 24:27 Jesus has died and been resurrected, He is alive. What is He doing? We find Him walking with 2 of His disciples explaining all scripture is about Him. What scripture, Genesis to Malachi.
This is so important because there is no encouragement in someone who can not be trusted to stay true to their word. Our God, the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled what had been foretold about Israel's coming Messiah. The fulfilled prophecies prove He is the Savior of whomever believes in His name (John 20:31).
This is our encouragement. This is our Light in the increasing darkness. It is bible prophecy fulfilled that gives us comfort Jesus is returning and He will fulfill the rest. God's word is truth. Jesus is the Truth and God can not lie. Trust the One Who is holy and without blemish, perfect.
Psalm 37:40 KJV And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.
Nahum 1:7 KJV The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
John 14:1-3 KJV Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prev - Hope For The Hopeless
Copyright Permission and Public Domain Use
HELPS Word-studies taken from The Discovery Bible software, available at thediscoverybible.com, copyright © 2018, HELPS Ministries Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- King James Version Bible
- Easton's Bible Dictionary
- Nave's Topical Bible
- Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Smith's Bible Dictionary
- Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
- Fausset's Bible Dictionary
- Condensed Biblical Encyclopedia
- Scripture Alphabet of Animals
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia
Martin Bible Cartoons
Free Bible Images