Hard times will come to each and everyone of us. Our hardships may look different on the outside but they stir the same emotions on the inside. Peter, through the Holy Spirit, tells us not to be surprised when afflictions or “fiery trial” comes our way. But most of the time we are surprised, because the hardships seem to appear suddenly.
Jesus also tells us to expect tribulation in this fallen world. When our soul sits in sadness, worry or hopelessness God’s word gives hope, encouragement and builds our faith.
God builds our faith through His word! He is the Author and Finisher of our faith. So it is important to remember God’s word is a word of encouragement each time we read it.
The bible has many scriptures that speak on faith during hard times. We will look at 6 verses to help keep your heart encouraged.
6 Bible Verses on Faith in Hard Times
- John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- Romans 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
- 1 John 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
- Romans 8:35, 37-39 NASB 1995 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword… 37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
Bible Studies on Faith in Hard Times
Would you like to learn more about faith and hard times (suffering, trials, affliction)? Below are some bible studies on these very topics.
- But God! Hope When Tragedy Strikes In Our Life
- Different Kind Of Christian In 2019 And Beyond
- Joy During Times Of Sorrow And Suffering
- Living In Dark Times – Word Of Encouragement
- The Time Draws Near As Many Draw Colder
- What Was Paul And Silas Response To The Suffering Inflicted By Persecution
- Where Is God When I Need Him Most
“Scripture quotations taken from the (NASB®) New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1971, 1977, 1995, 2020 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. All rights reserved. www.lockman.org”